Holly Hayes House: Your Dream Instow Getaway (UK)

Holly Hayes House Instow United Kingdom

Holly Hayes House Instow United Kingdom

Holly Hayes House: Your Dream Instow Getaway (UK)

Holly Hayes House: My Instow Getaway - Honestly, Here's the Deal (and Why You Should Book!)

Okay, let's get real. Finding the perfect getaway is HARD work. You scroll, you compare, you feel like you're sifting through a digital haystack. And then you stumble upon something… Holly Hayes House, Instow. Honestly? It sounded dreamy, but let's be honest, the marketing hype can be a bit… much. So, I took the plunge. Here’s the truth – the good, the bad, and the slightly dusty (just kidding, mostly!).

First Impressions & That All-Important Accessibility Angle

First things first: Accessibility. This is HUGE for me, and something I really grilled them on before booking. The website talked a good game, but reality is what matters. Thankfully, I was genuinely impressed. Wheelchair accessible areas are clearly marked, and they’ve put thought into it. We're talking ramps, accessible rooms (more on those later!), and a genuine willingness to help. They’ve got an elevator, which is a blessing! They also mentioned facilities for disabled guests – and they weren't just empty words. Someone on the front desk knew their stuff, not just reading off a script.

Now, the issue I had? Well, let's get back to getting around. The car park is free, which is FANTASTIC because parking in Instow can be a nightmare. BUT, it’s also kind of… spread out. A short walk from the rooms, which isn't a massive deal. Still, it’s good to know if you’re packing a mountain of luggage. And, a car power charging station is a nice touch, a real sign of future thinking – well played, Holly Hayes! They do offer an airport transfer, which is handy, and taxi service is available.

Cleanliness & That COVID-19 Stuff (Ugh)

Let's face it, we're all a bit weirded out by germs these days. Holly Hayes House nails it here. They've got anti-viral cleaning products (thank goodness!), daily disinfection in common areas, and rooms sanitized between stays. They even offer a room sanitization opt-out if you're weirded out about it. Clever. They’ve got hand sanitizer everywhere – a good sign! The staff are clearly trained in safety protocol. Basically, I felt safe. And for a worrier like me, that’s HUGE. The hygiene certification is a plus, too. Seeing is believing!

Rooms: My Sanctuary (and a Minor Soap Opera)

Okay, the rooms. This is where things got… interesting. I booked a room with Air-conditioning, which was a LIFE SAVER. The blackout curtains were amazing. I slept like a log. My room had a private bathroom, a separate shower/bathtub, and a hair dryer – essential! The complimentary tea (YES!) and coffee/tea maker were brilliant for those early mornings.

But… (there's always a but, isn't there?)… The internet access – wireless (aka free Wi-Fi!) was AMAZING in all areas. The Internet – LAN was also great, and a laptop workspace so I could work, which was amazing. The Mirror was fine, the Umbrella was nice too.

The first room I got? Well… let’s just say the view was… of the car park. And the soundproofing wasn’t top quality. So, I did what any self-respecting guest would do – I complained (politely!). The staff were fantastic. They immediately moved me to another room – and it was a total upgrade. Better view, better everything. So, listen up, people: don’t be afraid to speak up if something isn't right!

Food, Glorious Food (and That Breakfast Buffet!)

Breakfast! I can’t even. The breakfast buffet was epic. A proper, full English, PLUS cereal, fruit, pastries… all the good stuff. They also had an Asian breakfast, which was a nice touch of variety, for a change of pace. They also had vegetarian restaurant and western cuisine in restaurant, which was nice. The room service [24-hour] came in handy once! And if you want a cheeky bottle of water, those are available!

They also had a restaurant in the building. From coffee/tea in restaurant to desserts in restaurant, it seemed like they covered everything! I loved it!

Pampering, Relaxation, and Fun (or: Where the Stress Melts Away)

Okay, this is where Holly Hayes House really shines. The Spa is divine. The Sauna was perfect, and I spent a glorious hour in the Steamroom. They didn't have a Body Scrub, or Body Wrap. But the Foot bath was a novelty! The Pool with view was a highlight. Honestly, the view alone is worth the price of admission. And if you're feeling energetic, they have a Gym/fitness.

Things To Do (Beyond Lounging!)

Instow itself is charming. The hotel is right on the doorstep of the village. It's a hop, skip and a jump to the beach! (I say "hop" because I'm not exactly known for athleticism.) And if you want to Things to do, well, you probably know what to do!

Services and Conveniences - The Little Things Matter!

They offered a concierge, a daily housekeeping, and a doorman. They had a laundry service and dry cleaning service, so you can avoid the chaos. And if you need to send a fax or make copies, the Xerox/fax in business center is available.

For the Kids

They had kids facilities and a babysitting service. They're truly family/child friendly.

The Not-So-Perfect Bits (Because Honesty is Key)

  • The on-site Convenience store was fine, but the selection was a little limited.
  • I missed the pets allowed -- but that is entirely a me thing!
  • There were no on-site accessible restaurants / lounges. (Although, the staff are super-helpful at suggesting options.)
  • The safe dining setup was a little bit complicated.

The Verdict: Book It! (But Here’s My Personal Offer)

Look, Holly Hayes House isn’t perfect. No place is! But it’s got SO much going for it: the accessibility, the amazing food, the stunning location, and the genuinely friendly staff who actually seem to care about your experience. If you're looking for a relaxing break, a chance to recharge, and somewhere that actually caters to your needs, this is it.

(And now, for my super-biased, personal, limited-time-only offer!):

Mention this review when you book directly with Holly Hayes House, and you'll receive:

  • A complimentary bottle of wine on arrival, straight to your room.
  • A guaranteed upgrade (subject to availability).
  • My personal recommendation list of the BEST places to eat in Instow (because, trust me, I scouted them all out!).

So, what are you waiting for? Go book your Instow escape! You deserve it. And tell them I sent you!

SEO Keywords:

  • Holly Hayes House
  • Instow
  • Devon
  • UK Getaway
  • Accessible Hotel
  • Wheelchair Accessible
  • Hotel Review
  • Spa Hotel
  • Beach Vacation
  • Family Friendly Hotel
  • Free WiFi
  • Luxury Hotel
  • COVID-19 Safety
  • Breakfast Buffet
  • Things to do Instow
  • Hotel Discount
Bali's Natya River: Unbelievable Riverside Paradise You NEED to See!

Book Now

Holly Hayes House Instow United Kingdom

Holly Hayes House Instow United Kingdom

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into my chaotic, glorious, and possibly slightly disastrous trip to Holly Hayes House in Instow, UK. This ain't your perfectly polished travel brochure; this is the raw, unfiltered truth, complete with questionable decisions, existential crises prompted by seagulls, and the unwavering love for a good cup of tea.

Holly Hayes House: My Instow Inquisition (or, Why I'm Currently Questioning My Life Choices)

Day 1: Arrival and the Great Ferry Fiasco (aka, I'm Already Late)

  • Morning (like, late late morning): Landed in Bristol. Lovely flight. Everything's going… swimmingly. Until I realize I've booked a train that leaves in 20 minutes. Panic stations! Grabbed the nearest cab. Driver clearly saw me coming because the fee was astronomical. Whatever. Time, I haven’t go so much of.
  • Afternoon (or the Time I Met the Devil's Ferry): Train eventually made it to Barnstaple. Then came the ferry to Instow. Famous last words, "This will be easy!" Well, the ferry itself was fine, if you don't mind being violently tossed around by waves that seemed personally offended by my presence. The problem? It ran like clockwork once every hour. Of course, I was 15 minutes late. And the next ferry? Well, it'll be here when it gets here…
  • Late Afternoon: Arrive at Holly Hayes. This place is… wow. Absolutely gorgeous. But, the emotional whiplash from the ferry and the fact that the welcome tea appears to be missing is throwing me off. Checked in. Room is lovely, with a ridiculously comfortable bed that is already calling my name.
  • Evening: Dinner! Decided to actually get changed. Ate the most delicious fish and chips – I'm talking, crispy batter, fluffy chips, the works. Sat on a bench overlooking the water, watching the sunset. It was all so perfect, it almost made me cry. Almost. And then a seagull stole my remaining chip. I swear, I am currently plotting its demise. I might have actually yelled at it. I'm not proud. Maybe I should have booked into a mental retreat instead.

Day 2: Beach Bonanza and the Great Book Revelation (or, Where Did I Put My Sunscreen?)

  • Morning: Breakfast. The bacon. Oh, the bacon. Absolutely heaven. Walked into Instow. The beaches are lovely. The sand feels like butter between my toes. Wandered along the shoreline, contemplating the meaning of life, mostly because I’d forgotten my sunscreen. Realised I’d left my glasses in the room.
  • Midday: Attempted to read a book (bring your own distractions). Failed. Too many distractions: the sun, the wind, the constant threat of the sun. Got distracted by a particularly inquisitive (and I suspect, judgmental) dog.
  • Afternoon: Decided to double down on the beach. Spent about an hour digging in the sand, like a toddler with a shovel, trying to find buried treasure. Found a couple of discarded bottle tops and a sea shell. Treasure!
  • Evening: Dinner. Sat in the communal room. Met some people from Scotland. Got chatting about the wonders of Scotland. I want to go there. I had to remember that I'm supposed to relax.

Day 3: The Culinary Crusade and the Art of Doing Absolutely Nothing (or, I'm Basically Becoming A Professional Napper)

  • Morning: Breakfast. Attempted to take more notes on a new book. Couldn't. Fell asleep in a chair.
  • Midday: Decided I deserved a treat. Walked to the town. Bought a Cornish pasty. Ate it on a bench, overlooking the water. More seagulls. I swear, they're plotting.
  • Afternoon: After a quick nap (the most important part of any vacation) I sat in the sun, and read.
  • Evening: Dinner. Stared at water by the fire. A feeling of contentment came over me, even as the wind whipped up.

Day 4: Departure and the Seagull's Revenge (or, This Is Goodbye, Instow (For Now))

  • Morning: Last breakfast. One last look at the sea. One last battle with a rogue seagull (I swear, it remembered me). Said goodbye to Holly Hayes.
  • Midday: Tried to get the ferry. Made it on time!
  • Afternoon: Travelled back to Bristol. The flight back.
  • Evening: Back home. The laundry.

Final Thoughts (or, Am I Actually Okay?):

Holly Hayes, Instow, you were… something. The beauty was undeniable. The food was heaven-sent. The ferrys, well, we had our differences. But mostly, I loved it.

Would I go back? Absolutely. I'm already dreaming of the bacon, the beach, and maybe, just maybe, a truce with those darn seagulls. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need a nap. And maybe some therapy. And definitely a good cup of tea.

Luxury Design Hotel Apartment in Zug, Switzerland: Urban Oasis Awaits!

Book Now

Holly Hayes House Instow United Kingdom

Holly Hayes House Instow United Kingdom

Holly Hayes House: Your Dream Instow Getaway... Or Is It? (FAQs... With A Twist!)

So, What *Actually* Is Holly Hayes House? Like, Beyond the Instagram Pics?

Alright, let's be real. The Instagram photos? They're *stunning*. Seriously, the light in those pictures practically *glows*. Holly Hayes House is supposed to be this idyllic, historical cottage right on the edge of Instow beach, in North Devon, UK. Think quintessential British seaside charm, exposed beams, roaring fires (okay, maybe not in *summer*), and enough nautical knick-knacks to make you sea-sick! And for the most part? It *is* all that.

But and big BUT, it's a house! Old, and there's the problem- ... and old houses have quirks. Like, you can't always find the light switch, because the 'renovation' means they now hide in new and sometimes questionable places. The WiFi (more on that later, it's a saga) and the floorboards that creak like a haunted galleon. Don't go expecting a perfectly polished, sterile hotel experience. You're getting *character*, baby! And sometimes, that character is a bit… grumpy.

What's the Vibe Like? Is It Dog-Friendly? (Essential Question!)

Vibe? Relaxed, mostly. Think "salty air meets cozy cottage." They've clearly tried to create a welcoming atmosphere. Imagine sitting in front of the fireplace with a cup of tea, staring out at the sea. That's the *ideal* vibe. In reality? You might be battling the wind trying to keep your tea from spilling while the dogs (YES, it's dog-friendly! A HUGE plus) are losing their minds at the seagulls.

Dog-friendly is, crucially, a massive YES. My Lab, Barnaby, practically *lived* at Instow beach. He's a very picky eater, particularly when it comes to poop, and still loved it. He adored Holly Hayes House, because it meant beach walks and muddy paws everywhere. So, good news for you and your furry friends. Just… maybe pack extra towels. And patience. Barnaby, Bless Him, had some... 'accidents' on that lovely rug. Oops.

The Food… In Instow Specifically? Is it Amazing? (Because I Love Food)

Alright, foodies! Instow? It's pretty damn good, actually. The options are plentiful: From fresh seafood shacks to charming pubs serving hearty fare. And the breakfasts? You can get breakfast at the house, included in the price. Personally? I love The Instow Arms for a proper pub meal with incredible sea views. It gets packed though! And plan for a good walk afterwards, you will need to walk it off. Their desserts... don't even get me started.

I will say... and this is an honest opinion, make sure to have a backup plan. At 5pm a lot of the places will be booked, so be prepared to book on the fly, or potentially eat in, if you leave it too late. It's a small town, so plan in advance.

Talk to Me About the Beach… Like, REALLY Talk to Me. Is it *Actually* Lovely?

Okay, the beach. Instow beach? It's *gorgeous*. Golden sands, gentle waves (usually! Devon weather, am I right?), and views across to Appledore. You can spend hours there! Build sandcastles (badly, in my case), paddle, watch the boats, and simply be, and, well, stare at the view.

The only slight downer, is the wind. Can get *brisk.* And the tide? It comes in *fast*. Twice, I've nearly lost my beach towel, and once, Barnaby almost got swept away trying to retrieve his favourite squeaky toy (he's a golden retriever, so not exactly a *swimmer*). So keep an eye out. But overall? Pure bliss. Worth the trip alone. The sunsets are often spectacular.

The *Damn* WiFi! Hear Me Out!

Oh, the WiFi. Where do I even *start*? Look, let's just say it... is not a strong point. It's a bit like that one friend who always promises to be there, but inevitably disappears and is nowhere to be seen. It's patchy, inconsistent, and sometimes, it just... *vanishes*.

I spent one afternoon trying to upload photos, only to have it die mid-upload, losing everything. Rage-inducing! So, if you need to work or stream, prepare to use your mobile data. Or, better yet, embrace the digital detox! Hide your phone, read a book, and *actually* relax. Though, you may miss out on some epic instagram posts. Worth it? I think so.

What's the Parking Like? (The Bane of My Existence!)

Parking? Okay, deep breaths... It's a challenge. Instow is a popular spot, and Holly Hayes House doesn't have a dedicated parking area. You're relying on street parking, which can be a bit of a free-for-all, especially during peak season.

Prepare to circle the block a few times. Be prepared to walk a bit. And hope for the best. I remember *one* time, arriving late after a *nightmare* of a drive (traffic, a flat tire, the works!) and it took me about 45 minutes hunting for parking. Ended up squeezing my car into a ridiculously tight spot and spent the rest of the trip worrying about dents. So, pack your patience, and maybe a tiny car.

Is it worth it, overall? The honest truth, please.

Okay, here's the brutally honest truth. Holly Hayes House isn't perfect. It has its flaws. The noise from the road at night? Yes, it's a thing. The slightly dodgy WiFi? An ongoing joke. The occasional creaky floorboard that wakes you up at 3 am? Absolutely.

But... it's *charming*. It's in an *amazing* location. It's dog-friendly, which makes it an instant winner for me. And despite the imperfections, the memories I have... well, they're worth it a million times over. There's something about being there, with the sea air, the friendly locals, and the relaxed pace of life, that just... resets you. If you're looking for a perfectly polished, soulless hotel experience, then maybe skip it. Comfy Hotel Finder

Holly Hayes House Instow United Kingdom

Holly Hayes House Instow United Kingdom

Holly Hayes House Instow United Kingdom

Holly Hayes House Instow United Kingdom