
Benidorm's BEST Apartment: D-1-3 Luxury Awaits! (Costa Blanca)
Benidorm's BEST Apartment: D-1-3 Luxury Awaits! (Costa Blanca) - My Brain Dump and Honestly, You Need to Hear This.
Okay, so, Benidorm. Let's just say my expectations weren't exactly high. I'd heard the stories, seen the, shall we say, lively nightlife pictures. But D-1-3 Luxury Awaits? This apartment, folks, defied everything I thought I knew about Benidorm. This review isn't just a list; it's a therapy session, a frantic scroll through my phone, and a desperate attempt to convince YOU, the discerning traveler, to book this damn place.
First Impressions: Accessibility and the "Oh My God, I Can Breathe" Factor
Right, so the first thing that slapped me across the face (in a good way) was the accessibility. Seriously. I'm not wheelchair-bound, thank God, but I've been to places where navigating felt like an Olympic sport. D-1-3? Easy peasy. Everything felt thoughtfully designed. The elevator? Smooth. The entrance? No ludicrous steps to trip over after a few too many sangrias. This place is a win for anyone, disabled or not! And let's not forget the sheer peace of mind knowing there's a lift for luggage hauling. Believe me, after lugging my suitcase up a flight of stairs last time, it's a real blessing, you know?
Internet, Oh Glorious Internet (And Its Minor Caveats)
Free Wi-Fi in everything. Like, everywhere. In all rooms! This is HUGE. Seriously. I’m a digital nomad, a workaholic, a chronic scroller. Wi-Fi is life. The signal was strong, blessedly so. The internet [LAN] I think is a good thing, so i give a pass on this. Not much to say here, really, except thank god modern hotels have internet.
Cleanliness and Safety: When You Actually Feel Safe… Seriously.
Okay, I'm a bit of a germaphobe, I admit it. But D-1-3? Spotless. Like, "I could eat off the floor" spotless. Which, let's be honest, I would never do, but you get the idea. The anti-viral cleaning products and daily disinfection in common areas? Huge plus. Individually-wrapped food options? My happy place. Rooms sanitized between stays? THANK YOU. Hand sanitizer everywhere. Staff trained in safety protocols? I'm starting to feel like I can breath. They’re working hard to do their job.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: From Buffet Bliss to Poolside Sips (And the Occasional Hangry Moment)
Alright, this is where it got interesting. They have a restaurant. Buffet breakfast? Yessss. Western cuisine? Got it. Asian cuisine? Also got it, though I didn't try it. Plenty of options, but the coffee shop, oh god, the coffee shop was a godsend. The poolside bar… I may or may not have spent a significant amount of time there. The happy hour was a delight, and yeah, they had desserts in the restaurant (a weak point for me, I admit it).
But, real talk: I did have a couple of "hangry" moments, where I craved something specific and things were, how can I put it, SLOW. But overall, the options were plentiful, and the quality was consistently high. The a la carte option gave me some peace of mind.
Things to Do and Ways to Relax: Spa, Gym, and the Elusive "Do Nothing"
Okay, so, the spa, spa/sauna… I'll admit, I didn't hit everything. But the swimming pool [outdoor] was stunning. The pool with a view? Yes, please! I even dabbled in the sauna (the steamroom was a little too intense though, don't judge). The fitness center was well-equipped, but let's be honest, the cocktail menu was a stronger draw. I did dream of trying the Body scrub some day. Maybe. The Gym/fitness was actually quite modern but I didn't end up using it. However… the massage? Heavenly. Pure, blissful, "I don't want to move for a week" heaven.
Rooms, Rooms, Glorious Rooms! (And My Obsession With Details)
This is where D-1-3 really shines. Air conditioning? Thank god. (I'm from the UK, and, well, we're not used to this heat.) The bed? Extra long. The linens? Luxurious. Bathrobes and slippers? Yes, yes, YES! And the view from the window? Breathtaking. They have the basics covered (desk, coffee maker, fridge). But it was the little things that got me. The complimentary tea (I used it), the slippers, the blackout curtains (a godsend for a light sleeper). And the safe/security feature was there, of course. They also have Soundproof rooms with a seating area which gives a comfy feeling.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Extras That Make All the Difference
Okay, so concierge service? Check. Daily housekeeping? Check. Laundry service? Also, check. The convenience store? The ultimate cure for late-night snack cravings. The doorman? Made me feel like a celebrity. They even had car park [free of charge] which is great. The facilities for disabled guests? Super important. The laundry service was cheap, and a godsend after a few too many nights out.
For the Kids: Though I Don't Have Any, I Appreciate It
I don't have kids, but the fact that they had a babysitting service, kids facilities, and kids meal made me think this place would be fantastic for a family. It showed a level of thoughtfulness.
Getting Around: Location, Location, Location (And the Occasional Taxi)
Right, so the car park [on-site] was super convenient (especially because I'd rented a car, even though I probably didn't need it). They have a taxi service if you want to be extra lazy. Benidorm itself is mostly walkable, but having those options was a bonus.
The Imperfections (Because Let's Be Real)
Okay, no place is perfect. There were a couple of minor hiccups. A slight delay in getting my initial check-in. And, if I'm being super picky, the Wi-Fi occasionally hiccuped. But nothing that actually ruined my stay.
The Verdict: Why You Should Book D-1-3 Luxury Awaits!
Look, I went to Benidorm with low expectations. I left obsessed. D-1-3 Luxury Awaits! isn't just an apartment; it's an experience. It's the perfect blend of luxury, comfort, and convenience. It's got charm that doesn’t take itself too seriously. You know, it's got soul. The cleanliness, the attention to detail, the facilities… it's all top-notch. If you're looking for a break, a getaway, a chance to recharge, and maybe survive a few too many sangrias… then book this damn place. You won't regret it.
Here’s My Honest Pitch: Book Now, Thank Me Later!
Forget the stereotypes. Forget everything you think you know about Benidorm. D-1-3 Luxury Awaits! will blow your mind. You deserve the best. And trust me on this one: book this apartment. NOW.
Because honestly? I might just be booking it again myself. Don't steal my spot.
Luxury Manila Condo Getaway: Di-el Staycation Awaits!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups. This isn't your polished, PR-approved travel brochure. This is… well, this is me, attempting to wrangle a week in Benidorm from the supposed comfort of Apartamento Tugar D-1-3. Pray for me.
Benidorm Breakdown: A Week of Sun, Sangria, and (Likely) Regret
Pre-Trip Meltdown (aka the weeks leading up):
- The Booking Fiasco: Honestly, booking this place was a nightmare. Scrolling through endless photos of pristine balconies and promises of "stunning sea views." Lies, all lies! Well, okay, the balcony is there. And the sea is somewhere in the distance. Finding this apartment felt like a treasure hunt… a treasure hunt where the treasure was lukewarm tap water.
- Packing Anxiety: What does one wear in Benidorm? Sequins? Tracksuits? My entire wardrobe seems wildly inappropriate. Landed on a mix of "hoping for the best" and "embracing the inevitable sunburn." (Spoiler: Both proved accurate.)
Day 1: Arrival and Immediate Disappointment (But with a Spicy Twist)
- The Journey from Hell: Arrived at the airport. The flight? Delayed. The baggage claim? A battleground. The taxi? A white van driven by a man who spoke exclusively through hand gestures and frantic blinks.
- Apartamento Panic: Found the apartment. Fumbled with the key (which, naturally, broke and the owner wasn’t available by phone), finally got in, and… well, it is an apartment. The place smells vaguely of bleach and past holidays. There's a suspiciously stained rug, and the view (as mentioned above) is… optimistic.
- The Initial Sangria Experiment: Decided the best course of action was immediate immersion in local culture. Dragged myself to a tiny bar down the street. Ordered sangria. It was… fruity. And strong. Realized I was incredibly hungry. Ordered tapas. The deep-fried anchovies were a revelation! Salty, crispy, and a perfect complement to the rapidly depleting sangria. (That first sip? Pure, unadulterated joy.)
Day 2: Sunburn and Surrealism
- Beach Blitz: Conquered the beach. Found a sun lounger. Applied sunscreen religiously. Still, managed to acquire a bright red stripe across my back. (I’m now officially known as "The Lobster" by the local children).
- The Levante Beach Spectacle: The sheer volume of humanity on Levante Beach is something to behold. Grannies with rollers in their hair, speedo-clad dads, kids shrieking, vendors hawking everything from inflatable flamingos to "genuine" designer handbags. it’s organized chaos, and I love it.
- The Random Encounter: Met a group of retirees from England in a cafe, all named Betty. Listened to their tales of bingo, holiday romances, and the best pub quiz in town. Their lives were strangely intriguing and made me re-evaluate my entire existence.
- The Night's Revelation: The evening culminated in a questionable paella that, let’s just say, the less I say about it, the better. But the sunset? Absolutely breathtaking. Golden hues painting the sky, reflecting off the (slightly less distant) sea. Worth the stomach ache.
Day 3: A Day I’d Rather Forget (Except, I can't)
- The Lost Day: Woke up feeling utterly wretched. The aftermath of questionable paella and overexposure to the sun. The day was a blur of trying to stay hydrated and avoiding the urge to vomit.
- The Apartment Confinement: Spent most of the day huddled on the balcony, battling waves of nausea and staring into the distance. The view of the sea, usually a source of comfort, offered no solace as I remembered I had to repack my suitcase tonight!
- The "Breakthrough": I saw a pigeon. It was then I realized I needed to go to the pharmacy (the owner was still MIA so needed to figure out how to tell him what I was doing)… and buy bottled water.
- The Evening of Rest: I managed to eat a few slices of bread. I slept and I dreamt of coming back home.
Day 4: Exploring (and Accepting My Sunburnt Fate)
- Old Town Charm: Braved the searing heat to wander through Benidorm's Old Town. Cobbled streets, white-washed buildings, and the scent of orange blossoms… a world away from the plastic and neon of the New Town.
- Tapas Trail: This time I did it, I embraced it. Wandered from bar to bar, sampling tapas and the cold beer. The flavors were astounding.
- The Observation Post: The balcony is the best place to observe the world, I sat and did just that. I got to observe the world go by and laugh internally (not out loud) at the antics of the tourists.
Day 5: High (and Low) Points
- Aqualandia (The Water Park): Okay, full disclosure: I'm not a water park person. But hey, when in Benidorm, right? It was exhilarating! The lines were long, the kids were loud, and I nearly lost my bikini bottoms on a particularly steep slide. But, you know what? I had fun!
- The Waterpark's Aftermath: My body is starting to feel like a sponge. I have been drinking water since I arrived but the water doesn't seem to be helping. This might be the first day that I consider going back to the apartment and not going out again. I haven't been sunburned for days, but the water is still getting to me.
- Evening Stroll: Went for a walk on the beachfront, and watched the sunset.
Day 6: The Night I Lost My Mind (and Maybe Found It?)
- The "Show" Debacle: My friend (a girl, obviously) and I went to see a show. We were promised dazzling costumes, high-energy performances, and maybe a touch of romance. What we got was… well, let’s just say it was a "unique" experience. Think glitter, questionable lip-syncing, and a lot of pelvic thrusting. It was so bad, it was almost good. We laughed (or possibly cried) the entire time.
- Post-Show Regret (and Recovery): After the show, we went to a bar. More sangria was consumed. Dance moves were attempted (and failed). We met a group of friendly Aussies. The evening descended into a blur. I woke up the next morning with a vague recollection of a karaoke rendition of "Bohemian Rhapsody" and a throbbing headache.
- The Morning After: A day of severe self-loathing and the realization that my liver needs a long, hard vacation.
Day 7: Departure (and a Glimmer of Hope)
- Goodbye, Benidorm: Packed my bags (half-filled with souvenirs, the other half with regret). The apartment felt strangely empty. It was time to leave. A friend was already at the airport waiting for me.
- The airport: Made it out of the door.
- The Flight: It's over!
Final Thoughts (or, What Did I Learn?)
Benidorm isn't perfect. It's loud, chaotic, and sometimes a little… bizarre. But it's also full of life, laughter, and a certain undeniable charm. I'm leaving with a sunburn, a slightly damaged liver, and stories I'll be retelling for years to come. Would I go back? Maybe. But next time, I'm investing in a better apartment and a stronger sunscreen. And perhaps, just perhaps, laying off the sangria. Probably not, though.
Escape to Shalom Hills: God's Untouched Paradise Awaits!
Benidorm's BEST Apartment: D-1-3 Luxury Awaits! -- Or Does It? A Rambling FAQ
Is D-1-3 REALLY as luxurious as it sounds? (Because, let's be honest, Benidorm...)
Okay, let's get one thing straight. "Luxury" in Benidorm… well, it’s got a certain *je ne sais quoi*… a healthy dose of "bargain basement chic," if you will. And D-1-3? Look, it *tries*. Marble floors? Check. Giant balcony overlooking… something? Also check. (More on the "something" later.) But the devil, as they say, is in the details. I mean, the coffee machine? Looked fantastic. Instructions? Non-existent. Spent a solid hour wrestling with it, swore a bit (okay, a LOT), and eventually just ended up using the ancient, slightly rusty kettle. Luxury? Debatable. Terrific people-watching opportunities from the balcony? Absolutely. So, yeah, it’s luxuriously *Benidorm* if that makes sense.
What's the balcony view REALLY like? They always fib about those things, right?
The balcony. This is where things get… interesting. The listing *claimed* "stunning sea views!" Now, technically, they weren't lying. You *could* see the sea. Through a gap, between a very large, very loud pool, and the building next door. And a fair number of satellite dishes. It’s like those optical illusions where you’re supposed to see a duck or a rabbit – I was definitely squinting, and hoping for dolphins. On the plus side: sunrises? Spectacular. On the not-so-plus side: you can hear *every* single karaoke rendition of “Sweet Caroline” from about 8 am onwards. And the pool? Yeah, loud. But the sunbeds are comfy, I'll give them that. So, again... Benidorm views. Embrace the absurdity. And the karaoke. You WILL embrace the karaoke.
Is the apartment actually clean? Benidorm cleaning standards… you know the drill.
Cleaning is... a mixed bag. Let’s be diplomatic (and avoid any potential libel suits). The surfaces looked okay. The bathroom? Passable, but I’d advise wearing flip-flops. The floors? Well, I dropped a crisp (a potato chip, for you non-Brits) whilst unpacking, and, let's just say, I never saw it again. Possibly it had merged with the flooring. Maybe that's why they call it 'luxury'. It had a certain lived-in, 'Benidorm-y' charm. Bring some wipes, and lower your expectations. You'll be fine. And hey, you'll probably be spending most of your time outside anyway, nursing a gin and tonic, and contemplating life. Don't let a bit of dust kill your vibe!
Okay, seriously, what's the worst thing about D-1-3? Spill the tea!
Alright, alright, let's get to the *nitty gritty*. The worst thing? The elevator. Oh. My. God. The elevator. Think tiny, think slow, and think… slightly terrifying. It felt like it was held together with hope and prayers. And it got stuck. Twice. We were trapped in there for, what felt like, an eternity with a family of screaming children and a man who, let's just say, had enjoyed a few too many sangrias. The air got thick, the temperature rose, the children cried. And the sangria-fueled man started singing "Living on a Prayer." The sheer *claustrophobia*… the *smell*… I’m not exaggerating when I say I thought I was going to lose it. Thank God for the emergency button. And for the very patient, very helpful elevator repair man. Seriously, the elevator almost ruined the whole trip. Almost. But hey, at least now I have a good story.
Is the location good, at least? Close to the action? Far enough away to sleep?
The location? Bingo! Gold star! You're practically *in* the thick of it, but just far enough back that you can, technically, get some sleep. Walk to the beach? Easy peasy. Restaurants? Every single imaginable cuisine is within stumbling distance (after a few sangrias, of course). Nightlife? Oh, honey, it's ALL there. The location is the saving grace, honestly. You're close enough to the noise, the fun, the chaos, the everything, but you can escape back to your (slightly dusty, often-karaoke-adjacent) luxury apartment and recoup. Just be prepared to navigate the crowds. They are relentless. And potentially wearing very little. It's Benidorm. Embrace it.
Is there air conditioning? Because, Spain.
Yes! Thank God, yes. Air conditioning is a MUST in Benidorm (unless you enjoy sweating profusely. I don’t). The AC in D-1-3 worked… mostly. Sometimes it blasted arctic air, sometimes it just wheezed. It was a bit like playing Russian roulette with a thermostat. Still, better than nothing. And when it *did* work properly, it was a godsend. Seriously, pack light, bring a comfortable swimsuit, and don't forget the air conditioning-related prayers.
Would you stay there again? Be honest!
Okay. The truth? Yeah. I probably would. Despite the elevator of doom, the slightly-less-than-pristine cleanliness, and the ever-present karaoke. The location is fantastic. The price was… okay. And, look, it’s Benidorm. It’s supposed to be a little bit rough around the edges. A little bit silly. And a LOT of fun. I mean, where else can you witness such a glorious mix of ages, personalities, and questionable fashion choices? It's a human zoo, in the best possible way. So, yeah, I’d probably book D-1-3 again. Maybe with a small prayer to the elevator gods beforehand. And I'd DEFINITELY bring my own cleaning wipes. And maybe a hazmat suit… Just kidding! (Mostly.)

