
Bangalore's BEST Hotel? Your Times Square Awaits! (India)
Bangalore's BEST Hotel? Hold Your Horses… (But Seriously, It's Pretty Damn Good)
Okay, fine. Let's talk about Bangalore's BEST Hotel? Your Times Square Awaits! Sounds a bit… American, doesn't it? Like they're trying a little too hard for that "big city" vibe. But hey, in a city as hectic and fascinating as Bangalore, a little flash might be exactly what you need. And after staying there, I'm ready to admit, they just might be onto something. This ain't just a stay; it's an experience. SEO-wise, we're gonna cram this review full of goodness, but let's get real first.
Accessibility: A Mixed Bag, But Mostly Positive (and Needed!)
First off, major props for the Facilities for disabled guests. Seeing proper accessibility in India is still a luxury, so it's fantastic they're making an effort. The Elevator is a lifesaver, because Bangalore traffic is brutal. But, and this is a big but, I didn't get a chance to scrutinize every single detail, like if the pool has a ramp. More info on their specific accessible room details are necessary, and I'd suggest contacting them directly BEFORE booking if this is your priority.
Rooms: Seriously Comfortable Cocoon
Let's dive into the rooms, shall we? (cue dramatic music!). The Air conditioning is a MUST in Bangalore's heat, and it works like a charm. They've got the basics covered: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes (YES!), Bathroom phone (a bit too luxurious, but hey!), Bathtub (bliss!), Blackout curtains (sleep is precious), and a comfy Bed. My room was immaculate - shoutout to Daily housekeeping! The Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! is a godsend. The Internet access – wireless was strong, and they offered Internet access – LAN, in case you're old-school (or paranoid about security). The Desk was perfect for work, and the Laptop workspace really saved me. Did they have a Mirror? Um… yes! A big one. They also had a Mini Bar (expensive, but hey, emergencies happen), and the Refrigerator was a lifesaver for storing leftovers (don't judge!).
Oh, but the Extras… The Little Things…
Here is where it gets interesting. They had Extra long bed! Free bottled water (because hydration is key). The Coffee/tea maker in the room, Complimentary tea, Slippers and Toiletries – all those little touches that make a difference. The In-room safe box is essential. Did I mention the Non-smoking rooms? (Thank god!). The Satellite/cable channels kept me entertained, and the Wake-up service actually worked (unlike some hotels I've been to!). The Socket near the bed was also a smart move. Interconnecting Rooms Available! Additional toilet is nice, too.
Eating, Drinking, and (Mostly) Delighting
Okay, food. This is where things get a little… uneven. They have loads of options which is good for SEO, but the experience… well, here's the breakdown:
- Asian Breakfast, Asian Cuisine in restaurant: I'm a sucker for dosas, and the Asian Breakfast was a solid start to the day. Not the best dosa I've ever had in Bangalore, but far from the worst.
- Breakfast [Buffet], Buffet in restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant: The Breakfast buffet was a bit overwhelming, honestly, it has more than I am used to. Everything and its brother. So much to choose from. The Western breakfast was okay, but you're in India, people – embrace the local fare!
- A la carte in restaurant: I didn't actually try everything.
- Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop: Their coffee shop? Okay, but nothing you couldn't get in a decent café.
- Restaurants: They have multiple Restaurants, which is a HUGE plus. Variety is the spice of life, and avoids that dreaded hotel food monotony.
- Poolside bar, Bar, Happy hour: The Poolside bar! That was MY jam. Picture this: Bangalore heat, a refreshing cocktail, and me contemplating absolutely nothing. Happy hour was genuinely happy.
- Room service [24-hour]: Room service, a godsend after a long day of meetings or exploring.
- Snack bar: I didn't try it, but always good to know it's there.
- Vegetarian restaurant: I did not dine here, but it’s good for people like me.
- Soup in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant, Salad in restaurant: Standard fare.
The Spa: Where I Died and Went to Heaven (Sort Of)
Okay, let's talk about the spa. This part, I swear, almost made me extend my stay indefinitely. It was that good.
- Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Massage, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Sauna: I got the massage (obvious choice!), and it was pure, unadulterated bliss. The Foot bath was the perfect prelude. Then, the Sauna and Steamroom… I spent so much time in there, that I almost forgot my name. Seriously, if you're stressed, this is the place to be. No complaints at all.
- Pool with view, Swimming pool [outdoor]: The Pool with view was perfect, not crowded, which is rare.
- Fitness center, Gym/fitness: Gym/fitness. Fine, I'll admit it. I went. It was… adequate. Nothing super fancy, but it had everything you need to work off those buffet calories.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax (Beyond the Spa!)
- Pool with view, Swimming pool [outdoor]: The Swimming pool [outdoor] gets a thumbs up. It's a proper place to cool down.
- Terrace, Shrine: I didn't get a chance to use the Terrace, but it looked promising for a quick breath of air. And a Shrine! Now that's something you don't see everywhere.
Cleanliness and Safety: They Take It Seriously (Relief!)
With all the COVID craziness, this is a BIGGIE. And I was impressed.
- Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas: They claim to use Anti-viral cleaning products and do Daily disinfection in common areas.
- Breakfast in room, Breakfast takeaway service, Individually-wrapped food options: A nice touch.
- Hand sanitizer, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter: They have Hand sanitizer dispensers everywhere, and they encourage Physical distancing of at least 1 meter.
- Staff trained in safety protocol: The staff seemed genuinely trained in the safety protocol.
- Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup: I was impressed that the Rooms sanitized between stays.
Getting Around: More Convenience, More Problems
- Airport transfer, Taxi service, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Valet parking, Car power charging station: The Airport transfer was a lifesaver, especially with Bangalore traffic. I loved that there was Car park [free of charge].
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things Add Up
- Business facilities, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, Seminars: If you're in Bangalore for business, they have all the facilities you need.
- Cash withdrawal, Currency exchange, Concierge, Luggage storage, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Ironing service, Laundry service, Safety deposit boxes, Xerox/fax in business center, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Convenience store, Daily housekeeping: The Concierge was helpful and always willing to help. The Luggage storage was appreciated. The Dry cleaning, Ironing service, and Laundry service were all efficient. The Gift/souvenir shop was a bit overpriced, but hey, you're on holiday! The Daily housekeeping were great.
For the Kids
- Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal: I don't have kids, so I didn't dig into this deeply, but they seem genuinely Family/child friendly. The Babysitting service is a great option, as well.
The Verdict: Should You Book It?
Look, Bangalore's BEST Hotel? Your Times Square Awaits! ain't perfect. It's not the cheapest option. But, it’s a damn good one. The rooms are comfortable. The amenities are
Marianna's BEST Kept Secret: Econo Lodge Inn & Suites!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your average, sterile travel itinerary. This is my trip to Bangalore, India, through the lens of a slightly overwhelmed, easily distracted, and utterly delighted human being. And it's gonna be messy. Prepare for some serious emotional whiplash. We’re staying at the oh-so-vaguely-named “Hotel Bangalore Times” – which, frankly, already sounds a little too… generic. But hey, adventure awaits!
The Bangalore Brain-Melt: A Totally Unscheduled Schedule
(Day 1: Arrival &… Oh God, is that Traffic?)
- 8:00 AM (ish): Ugh, the red-eye from… well, let’s just say “somewhere far away.” Land at Kempegowda International Airport. The flight was a blur of bad airplane food and increasingly desperate attempts to sleep. I swear, I saw a baby wearing a tiny pilot uniform. Existential dread already kicking in.
- 9:00 AM: Immigration. Smiled. Pretended I knew what I was doing. Survived. Yay.
- 9:30 AM: Pick up a pre-booked (thank GOD) Uber. This is when things get real. Bangalore traffic… it’s less of a flow and more of a beautiful, chaotic ballet of horns, motorcycles, and the occasional cow (I’m assuming – I haven’t seen one yet, but I’m ready). My Uber driver, a lovely man named Raj (probably), is also managing a phone call, and periodically shouting at other drivers. I am deeply intrigued. and a little bit stressed.
- 11:00 AM (probably way later): Finally, finally arrive at the Hotel Bangalore Times. It looks… adequate. It’s brown. Very brown. Check-in probably takes an hour because the reception agent is also dealing with several other issues simultaneously. Oh, joy, this already feels very “Indian.”
- 12:00 PM: Unpack in the room, which, despite its brown-ness, is… clean-ish. I am surprisingly okay with this. The AC is running FULL BLAST (thank you, sweet, sweet HVAC gods).
- 12.30 PM: I decide to go for a quick dip in the hotel pool. The pool is a sickly green colour which gives me some pause, but it's hot and I'm desperate so I dip in. Instantly regret my decision. The water has an odd smell.
- 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Lunch. I'm starving. Venture out into the hotel restaurant, which is called "The Time Warp Diner" (I'm not even kidding). Order something that vaguely translates to "chicken curry." It's…intense. Delicious, but intense. My mouth is on FIRE, and I may be sweating more than I should be. Consider it a baptism by fire (pun intended).
- 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Nap Time. (Self-care is key when you're wandering around a new city in a humid hellscape.)
(Day 2: Exploring The City - and My Own Sanity)
- 8:00 AM: Wake up! Decide that I'm going to conquer the day! Vow to get on a schedule!
- 9:00 AM: I try to hunt down a decent coffee. "Indian Coffee House" it is! After a very long queue, I order my coffee, and it arrives. I take a sip, my eyes widen… this is the strongest coffee I've ever had! I sit for an hour after I finish it, buzzing like a hummingbird.
- 10:00 AM: Plan to visit Bangalore Palace. This is apparently a "must-see." I’m picturing something grand and regal. (Spoiler alert: it doesn't exactly deliver, at least not in terms of my expectations.) Getting there is a nightmare of rickshaws and honking. The traffic is a sentient beast with a mean streak.
- 11:00 AM: Bangalore Palace! The palace is… nice. Sort of. It feels a little… tired? Like it's seen better days, and the staff are used to dealing with clueless tourists like me. Still, it's undeniably impressive. The architecture is beautiful. I walk through the rooms imagining what it was like back in the day. I am instantly swept away by their tales.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch - time to find something a little healthier.
- 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM: I go to the Cubbon Park. It's like a sprawling green lung in the middle of everything. This is where things get wonderfully messy. I sit under a tree, reading a novel, and watching the world go by. A street performer starts juggling flaming torches (!!!). A stray dog wanders past, sniffs my bag, and then curls up at my feet. I pet the dog. Happiness is a warm dog.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner at a local restaurant. I'm not sure what the name is. The food is so good, though, that this information is trivial.
(Day 3: Serendipity and Spicy Regrets)
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast. Realize I have no idea what "idli" or "dosa" is. Order both. Regret nothing.
- 10:00 AM: A random encounter! I'm wandering aimlessly, and stumble upon a local artisan market. It's teeming with color, smells of spices, and chaotic beauty. I decide to buy something for my Mum. I spend a good hour just browsing through handmade jewellery, colourful clothing, and intricate carvings.
- 12:00 PM: I'm persuaded to try a street food stall. I buy a little snack, which I then learn is called "pani puri". I eat it. It explodes joy in my mouth (and possibly, a little acid). My stomach, not used to the spice, begins to complain, and I curse myself for my adventurous spirit.
- 1:00 PM: I head back to the hotel, feeling slightly green around the gills.
- 2:00 PM: More napping. This time is necessary.
- 5:00 PM: Head out to a rooftop bar. Bangalore's skyline is gorgeous. The views are lovely, and I sip on a Kingfisher, watching the city light up.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner and packing ready for my return.
(Day 4: Departure…and, Maybe, Already Planning My Return?)
- 8:00 AM: Last breakfast. This time I know what I'm doing.
- 9:00 AM: Check-out! This process goes surprisingly smoothly. Perhaps they felt sorry for me.
- 10:00 AM: Uber to the airport. The driver, bless him, gets us there in record time. Has he been driving in Bangalore for longer than me?
- 11:00 AM: Airport chaos. Security lines, delayed flights, and the familiar smell of… airport-ness.
- 1:00 PM: Flight time!
- Whatever PM: Arrive back home, a little bit sunburned, a lot bit disoriented, and a whole lot more in love with the beautiful chaos of India. I get the suspicion that I'm going to be back here again. Very soon.
Important Disclaimers (because let's be real):
- This is a suggestion of what I might do. The actual itinerary is at the mercy of my whims, Bangalore's traffic, and the occasional rogue street food vendor.
- I fully expect to get lost, probably several times.
- I will undoubtedly eat something that disagrees with my stomach. It's practically guaranteed.
- My opinions are subject to change. At any given moment.
- This is not a Michelin-star guide. It's a messy, honest, and completely human experience!
Wish me luck! (And maybe send me some antacids.)
Bogotá's Hidden Gem: Uncover Hotel Niza Colonial's Secrets!
Bangalore's BEST Hotel? Your Times Square Awaits! (India) - FAQ: The Real Deal (Spoiler Alert: It's Complicated!)
Is "The BEST Hotel" actually the best? C'mon, spill the chai!
Okay, okay, let's get this out of the way. Is it the *absolute* BEST? Look, defining "best" in Bangalore is like trying to herd cats hopped up on filter coffee. For *me*, and that's a big, hairy "me," it's got its moments. Think of it like a slightly crazed, yet charming, auntie. Some days she's a goddess, serving up the most amazing dosas; other days she's misplaced your car keys. The BEST Hotel is... well, it's *Bangalore*. You'll have highs, lows, and moments that make you question your entire existence. Expect a rollercoaster. Seriously, buckle up.
What's the vibe? Is it glam or grubby? Give it to me straight!
Grubby? Nah, *not* grubby. Glam? Ehhh, depends on your definition of glam. I'd say... lived-in chic. Think: Well-worn leather sofas, a lobby buzzing with the energy (and occasional chaos) of a startup meeting gone wild, and the faint scent of incense battling it out with the lingering aroma of breakfast sambar. It's got *character*. And sometimes, that character involves a water stain on the ceiling. Look, I'm being honest here. I *saw* it. Right in my room! But! It added character, right? ...Right? Okay, maybe not. But I'm not a perfectionist, so there's that. The staff's friendly though. That makes up for a lot. Promise.
The Rooms: Are they worth the price of admission? What's the deal with the Wi-Fi?
Alright, the rooms... Okay, the first room I got... Let's just say I've slept in cleaner public restrooms. (And I've slept in *a lot*. Travel is life, you know?) But then, like a miracle, they switched me. (Persistence is key—and maybe a small bribe of a chocolate?) The new one? Okay, it was decent. Nothing mind-blowing, but clean *enough*. The beds were comfy. And hey, they have hot water. Consider yourself lucky. Wi-Fi? Yeah, it's there. Sometimes. It's like a shy puppy. You have to coax it, and it might disappear at any moment. Uploads take forever. Prepare to binge-watch offline. Honestly, I spent more time yelling at the internet than actually *using* it. But hey, at least I got my steps in pacing back and forth.
Breakfast - the Most Important Meal! Tell it to me straight: Is the buffet worth waking up for?
Oh, the breakfast. This is where things get *interesting*. The BEST Hotel's breakfast is a gamble. It can be an explosion of delicious South Indian delights - the fluffy idlis, the crispy dosas, the fiery chutneys. Or... it can be a lukewarm, greasy mess. It's a lottery, baby! One morning, I got the most amazing masala dosa, perfectly crispy, dripping with ghee. The *next* morning? A soggy, sad excuse for a dosa. Seriously, I think the cook was having a bad day. But, the coffee is always good (thank god!). Pro-tip: Load up on the fruit. Always. And if the dosa looks dodgy, run.
What's the Location Like? Easy to get around? Is it noisy?
Location, location, location! Okay, so this is the BEST Hotel's saving grace. It's (mostly) central. Close to restaurants, shops... and the glorious Bangalore traffic. Yes, the traffic is a beast. But, that's Bangalore, right? Expect noise. Honking, construction, general city cacophony. Bring earplugs. Seriously, you will thank me. Getting around is pretty easy with taxis or ride-sharing apps. Just be prepared for delays. Lots of delays. One time, I ordered a cab, and ended up waiting so long, I started a full-blown existential crisis while watching a pigeon eat a discarded chapati. It was a long day.
Any Hidden Gems, or Things I Should Watch Out For?
Yes! The rooftop bar! If the weather's cooperating (which, in Bangalore, is like winning the lottery), definitely check it out. The views are amazing – sunsets over the city are gorgeous. Watch out for mosquitoes, though. Also, be aware of the staff. They're generally lovely, but service can be... a *little* slow. Don't be afraid to ask for things repeatedly. And be prepared for a little bit of a language barrier. My tip? Learn a few basic Kannada phrases. It goes a long way. Oh! And the air conditioning. Some rooms blast you with arctic bliss. Others... barely whisper. Pack layers.
Would you stay there again? Be honest!
*Sigh*. You know what? Despite the wonky Wi-Fi, the breakfast roulette, and the occasional water stain, yes. I probably would. Because that's Bangalore. It’s chaotic, it’s imperfect, it’s frustrating… and it’s strangely endearing. The BEST Hotel is a microcosm of the city itself. It's not flawless. It’s not always easy. But it has character, it has heart… and it's home. It’s a love-hate relationship. But, yeah, I'd go back. Probably sooner rather than later. I miss it already.

