
Issara Bar & House: Pattaya's BEST Kept Secret (Unbelievable Views!)
Issara Bar & House: Pattaya's BEST Kept Secret (Unbelievable Views!) - My Honest, Messy, and Totally Unedited Take!
Okay, so I’ve been to Pattaya. I've seen the go-gos (fine, maybe I visited the go-gos… it’s research!), I've dodged jet skis like a pro, and I’ve eaten my weight in mango sticky rice. But this place, Issara Bar & House… this is different. This isn’t your average, cookie-cutter Pattaya experience. This is a whole mood. And, honestly, I'm struggling to put it into words because I'm still kinda buzzing from it.
Let’s be real, Pattaya can be… intense. Noise, chaos, neon lights that sear themselves onto your retinas. Issara, though? It's like stumbling into a secret, whispered oasis.
(Disclaimer: I am NOT a travel blogger. This isn't a pristine, perfectly polished review. This is me, unfiltered, telling you about my experience. Buckle up.)
The Views. Oh. My. Goodness. The Views!
Seriously, the "Unbelievable Views!" in the title? NOT an exaggeration. I'm talking panoramic, heart-stopping, "Instagram will EXPLODE" kind of views. You’re perched high up, overlooking the entire city, the ocean stretching out to the horizon, the tiny islands dotting the water. Honestly, I spent a solid hour just staring. I even contemplated not going down for dinner because I didn’t want to risk missing a single sunset hue. (I eventually caved because, hello, food.)
Accessibility & the Nitty-Gritty (Because We Need to Talk About That Too):
Alright, let's get the boring stuff out of the way (but it's IMPORTANT, so listen up!).
- Accessibility: I didn’t personally need it, but I did notice an elevator (yay!), which is a big plus for anyone with mobility issues. I saw some signage too, which suggested some facilities for guests with disabilities. I can't give a full report as I'm not an expert.
- Internet: Free Wi-Fi everywhere! Even in my room, which was a lifesaver for checking emails (ugh, work!), and streaming guilty pleasure shows. They have LAN too, though, who actually uses that anymore? I was more interested in the Wi-Fi in the public areas so I could show off the views online. 😉
- Cleanliness & Safety: Okay, let's talk about this. Post-pandemic travel? HUGE deal. They seem to have taken it seriously. Hand sanitizer everywhere, staff wearing masks, and signs about social distancing. I even saw them wiping down common areas regularly. Honestly, I felt pretty safe, which is a huge weight off your shoulders when you’re traveling. They also had signs about using anti-viral cleaning products. This is a good start.
- Rooms Sanitization: Rooms are sanitized between stays. (Check!)
- Safety/Security: I mean, there’s 24-hour security and CCTV. That's a given these days, but it's good to know it's there.
- The Food: Let's dive in, shall we?!
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking - Food Glorious Food!
Ok, so the food was great. I'm not even a huge fan of buffet (I'm not a graze, I eat! laughs) but the buffet at Issara was surprisingly good. They actually had the Asian breakfast covered. The Western breakfast looked great, too. You can't walk more than a few steps without a restaurant.
Bars, Bars, Everywhere! They have poolside bar which is divine, like, heavenly. Seriously, imagine yourself at the bar, sipping a cocktail while glancing at the view. I had a delicious salad for lunch at their restaurant and the soup was amazing.
The Room Service: 24-hour room service. Need I say more? I had a late-night craving for dessert, and it was delivered swiftly and with a smile.
Alternative Meal Arrangement: I'm gluten intolerant (yes, I'm that person), and they were surprisingly accommodating. They did provide a bottle of water every day.
Coffee/Tea in the Restaurant: The coffee was good, strong, and woke me up to face the day. They had tea too.
Breakfast: Breakfast service and a buffet in the restaurant.
The Room – My Serene Sanctuary:
My room? Ah, my room. It was a haven.
- Comforts: A bathtub (hello, bubble bath!), air conditioning (essential!), and blackout curtains (bliss!). The desk was a bonus for those times I had to work (sigh).
- Extras: A coffee/tea maker, a mini bar (crucial for midnight snacks!), free bottled water, and a safety box (always a good idea). It also had slippers and bathrobes and toiletries.
- The Bed: And the bed? Oh, the bed. Extra long bed. Cloud-like comfort. I definitely slept like a log.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax (Because You Deserve It!)
- The Pool: The swimming pool! Pool with a view. Enough said. It was the perfect place to cool off and soak up the sun.
- Spa: They have a spa (spa/sauna!), sauna, steam room, and they offer massage (yes, please!). I got a body wrap!
- Fitness: They have a small fitness center too.
Services and Conveniences – Making Life Easier:
- Laundry: They offer laundry service.
- Daily Housekeeping: Daily housekeeping ensures your room is always spic and span.
- Concierge: Concierge.
- Concierge: Currency exchange, safe deposit boxes, doorman, elevator.
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities: You could even host an event there, which is pretty cool.
Now, For The Imperfections (Because Perfection Is Boring!)
- It's a Climb: Okay, the "perched high up" thing? It means you'll likely be relying on those elevators, unless you love stairs. I did notice a few stairwells.
- Not a Party Palace(unless you want it to be): While there is a bar, this isn't a "rave until dawn" kind of place. It’s more about chill vibes. If you are a hard core partier, this might not be your vibe.
- The Quirks: I did notice the TV remote was finicky. And the Wi-Fi, while free and plentiful, occasionally sputtered in certain corners, a minor inconvenience.
The Emotional Rollercoaster
I was slightly stressed at first, I'm used to the check-in/out [express] . But the moment I went to my room? The view, the vibe… I just instantly relaxed. This is an interesting place to stay.
My Honest Verdict:
Look, if you’re looking for the quintessential, loud-and-proud Pattaya experience, Issara might not be for you. But if you want to escape the chaos, soak up some seriously stunning views, and just… breathe… book it. Seriously. Book it now. It's a secret worth sharing.
Special Offer For You (Because You Deserve It!)
Ready to experience Issara Bar & House for yourself? Get a special discount when you book directly through [insert website link or contact info here]! Use code "SECRETVIEWS" and receive:
- 15% off your room rate
- A complimentary welcome drink at the rooftop bar (trust me, you NEED this!)
- A voucher for a free massage at the spa!
Don't miss out! This offer won't last forever. Escape to your own private paradise. Book Your Stay at Issara Bar & House Today!
Unbelievable Dragon Homestay: Your Bhaktapur Adventure Awaits!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups. We're going to Thailand, specifically Pattaya, specifically to Issara Bar&House. Forget those perfectly curated Instagram feeds, because this is gonna be a chaotic, glorious mess. Here's my attempt at wrangling this trip, but let's be honest, plans are just suggestions.
The "Almost-Nailed-It" Pattaya Itinerary: A Hot Mess Express
Day 1: Arrival and the Siren Call of the Beach (and Cheap Beer)
- Morning (or what's left of it after the flight…): Landed in Bangkok. Smooth sailing, ish. Passport control? Met a guy wearing a banana-print shirt who kept calling me "princess." Charming, in a slightly unsettling way. The actual flight was a blur of stale airplane food and questionable in-flight movies. Took a minibus to Pattaya… which was an adventure in itself. Think "tetris" with luggage and people.
- Afternoon: Issara, Oh Issara! Checked into my hotel. It’s fine. Maybe a little underwhelming after those "luxury" Instagram shots. Then, the holy grail: Issara Bar&House. Walked in, the air thick with the promise of cold Singha beer and… well, promise. Saw the pool, immediately considered abandoning all plans and just living there. Spent far too long sunbathing, getting a slight burn that’ll haunt me for a week, all while people-watching: a British bloke with a permanent tan, a couple that looked like they'd been together since the dinosaurs roamed the earth, and a group of boisterous Swedish lads who were already very enthusiastic about their holiday.
- Evening: Drinks at Issara. Tried the cocktails. Some were amazing, like a mango sticky rice concoction that briefly made me want to propose marriage to the bartender. Others… let’s just say my taste buds disagreed. Ordered some Pad Thai. It was… perfectly acceptable. Okay, maybe a little bland. But the atmosphere? Electric. Felt like I'd stumbled into a secret club of happy, sun-kissed hedonists. Stayed way later than I intended. The moon, the music, and the sheer, unadulterated freedom of it all… sigh. Maybe a bit too much Singha… woke up the next day with a vague memory of karaoke… and probably a very, very bad rendition of "Bohemian Rhapsody". Oops.
Day 2: Culture Shock, Muay Thai and Regret (Maybe)
- Morning: The sun's cruel reminder. Slight headache. Questionable decisions were made. Breakfast: mostly coffee and a profound sense of "what have I done?". Attempted a cultural outing. Floating Market. It was… crowded. Beautiful, but overwhelmingly touristy. The boat ride was fun, but I was mostly focused on not spilling my noodle soup. Which I almost did. Almost.
- Afternoon: Decided to embrace the ridiculousness and went to a Muay Thai (Thai boxing) class. I lasted about 20 minutes before I resembled a sweaty, clumsy cartoon character. The instructor, a tiny Thai woman with biceps bigger than my head, looked at me with something between amusement and pity. Learned a few basic moves, mostly whacking the pads and desperately trying not to punch myself in the face. My arms ached for days. Worth it? Mmm, maybe not.
- Evening: Attempted to find something other than Thai food for dinner. Failed. Ended up back at Issara - because comfort. Actually had GREAT Pad Thai this time. The magic had returned. Watched a live band. The music was… good. The vibe? Fantastic! Another round of Singha, and then… well, the night blurred again. Woke up with a mysterious stain on my shirt and a vague feeling that I'd befriended a rather talkative pigeon.
Day 3: Beach Bliss and the Search for Serenity (Good luck with that…)
- Morning: Coffee. And more coffee. Needed to recover from whatever the hell happened last night. Went to the beach. Found a slightly less crowded spot, spread out a towel and spent the morning staring at the sea. The sky, the sun, the sand… it was incredibly hard to feel stressed. Briefly felt the first twinge of 'I really don't want to leave here.'
- Afternoon: Massages. Amazing. The best money I spent the entire trip. Needed to find something 'zen' to restore the mind after the night before. Went to a temple. Did a yoga session on the beach. Failed. The birds were chirping, the sun was out, and I just couldn't stop giggling at whatever little thought popped into my head. Maybe I should try meditation?
- Evening: Dinner. Actually tried a different restaurant this time. The food was just okay, but what made It a success was the conversations with complete strangers I'd met. Heard someone's life story about a pet snake. The randomness of this trip is what's making it so memorable. One last (probably unwise) visit to Issara. Attempted to be cool. Probably failed. Found myself dancing to a Thai cover of "Livin' on a Prayer." No regrets. Woke up with a smile on my face.
Day 4: Departure… and the lingering aroma of adventure
- Morning: The end. Woke up with a slight sense of sadness. Had one last breakfast. The fruit was unreal. Said goodbye, and made my way back to the airport. Took everything in during the drive: the sights, the sounds, the smells…
- Afternoon: Back in Bangkok. Ready to go. Wrote down everything I'd learned. And then I got back to the airport.
- Evening: Landed and realized the true meaning of the word "jet lag" and was ready for my proper sleep (with some memories of a tropical paradise).
Observations and Utter Chaos:
- Food: So much delicious food. Some of it spicy enough to make me cry (deliciously).
- People: The friendliest people I've ever met. Always smiling, always helpful, even when I was being a complete idiot.
- Issara Bar&House: The heart of Pattaya, for me. If you're looking for a perfect postcard-worthy trip, this isn't it. But if you're looking for fun, laughter, a hint of adventure, and a whole lot of chaotic, beautiful memories, then Pattaya, especially Issara, is the place to be.
- The Beach: Is just as much of a must as the bar!
- Stuff: I wore a swimsuit for three days straight, and never really bothered with any makeup. You don't need it. Embrace the mess.
Final Verdict:
Did I stick to a strict itinerary? Absolutely not. Did I make a fool of myself on multiple occasions? Without a doubt. Did I have the time of my life? YES. Pattaya, you glorious, messy, unforgettable place, you utterly captured my heart. (And probably my liver.)
Winnipeg Airport Escape: Your Perfect Motor Inn Awaits!
Is Issara REALLY Pattaya's Best Kept Secret? (And is it worth the hype?)
What's the Vibe Like? Because I'm not always into the "party-til-you-drop" scene.
Speaking of Cocktails... Are They Any Good? And, let's be honest, are they crazy expensive?
How's the Food? Because I'm a Snacker... and a Big Eater.
Is it a Good Place for a Date? (Asking for a Friend... Obviously.)
Okay, Okay, I'm Convinced. How Do I Actually *Find* the Darn Place?!
What's the Best Time to Go? And Is Booking Recommended?
Is it Worth the Fuss? Seriously, Is It *Really* That Good?

