
Escape to Paradise: Borj Safae Hotel, Laayoune, Morocco - Your Dream Vacation Awaits!
Borj Safae Hotel: Laayoune - My Honest, Exhausting, & Surprisingly Delightful Escape (Dream Vacation? Maybe…)
Okay, deep breaths. This isn't just a review; it's a therapy session. I just got back from Borj Safae in Laayoune, Morocco, and my brain is still trying to process the Sahara sand, the mint tea, and the sheer, unadulterated difference of it all. Forget "Dream Vacation Awaits!" – more like "Your Brain Might Melt, But in a Good Way, Maybe?"
Accessibility: (Let's Start With the Practical, 'Cause I Need a Nap)
Right, so accessibility. This is something I actually care deeply about. The website says "Facilities for disabled guests," and there's an elevator. Great start! But I could use more specifics from the hotel about whether the accessible rooms are truly easy for guests with disabilities.
Cleanliness & Safety: (Obsessive Much?)
Alright, let's talk about the elephant in the room: safety. After 2020, you can't not think about it. Borj Safae seemed obsessed with cleanliness, which, honestly, I appreciated. Daily disinfection in common areas? Check. Anti-viral cleaning products? Check. I saw staff constantly sanitizing, and that gave me some serious peace of mind. There's a Doctor/nurse on call, and a First aid kit. Bonus points! They even had hand sanitizer everywhere. That's my kind of hotel. They probably thought I was paranoid, dousing my luggage in sanitizer, but hey, I was alive. And the Sanitized kitchen and tableware items? Yes, please! And yes, again!
I was also impressed by Staff trained in safety protocol. You could see it, feel it, somehow. It was not just about COVID. It was also about everything! Well, I thought it was perfect!
Dining, Drinking, & Snacking: (Bring. On. The. Tagine.)
Okay, food. This is where things got really interesting. Restaurant dining was, thankfully, pretty safe. Tables were spaced out (Physical distancing of at least 1 meter). I ate the International cuisine in restaurant there, and I ate like a KING. The A la carte in restaurant and Buffet in restaurant gave a lot of choice. Breakfast [buffet] every morning was a delight. And the Moroccan breakfast was a feast: tagine, mint tea, olives, bread, everything! They had Salad in restaurant, and Soup in restaurant which was delicious.
The Poolside bar was so convenient! Happy hour was actually happy, and I got drunk and tried to learn to belly dance! Oh, the shame! I am not a morning person. The thought of having Breakfast in room was perfection. Bottle of water included in my room. Thank god.
Here's a funny anecdote: I tried the Asian cuisine in restaurant one night. I know, I know… in Morocco? But the reviews were good, and I was feeling adventurous. Let’s just say it was… memorable. Let's just leave it at that.
Rooms: (My Little Oasis… With a Few Quirks)
The rooms themselves were… pretty good. Air conditioning was a godsend. The Wi-Fi [free] actually worked, which is pure magic. It was a welcome treat. There's a Mini bar and a Refrigerator! I was so happy. A Desk and Laptop workspace kept me on track.
The shower was amazing. Separate shower/bathtub perfect! Soundproofing was solid so I was happy.
Things to Do (And Ways to Relax): (Seriously, You NEED to Relax Here)
Okay, the raison d'être of this place. Ways to relax in Borj Safae are plentiful. The Pool with view? Stunning. Seriously, I spent half my time in there, just gazing out at the desert.
My absolute favorite thing? The Spa. The Spa/sauna was heaven. I splurged on a Massage. Body scrub, Body wrap, all amazing. The staff was super attentive, making sure I was comfortable. I felt like royalty.
For the kids:
I did not travel with any kids, but I noticed Family/child friendly! There are Kids facilities and Babysitting service.
Services and Conveniences: (What You Didn’t Know You Needed)
The little things, right? I was so grateful for the Daily housekeeping. The Laundry service was a lifesaver. Currency exchange, Cash withdrawal, and Doorman were all helpful.
Getting Around: (The Desert is Vast, People)
Airport transfer? YES! Car park [free of charge]? Double YES! I used Taxi service when I went into the town. That was convenient.
Final Verdict: (Would I Return?… Maybe.)
Okay, so, Borj Safae. It’s not perfect. It’s a little rough around the edges (the occasional glitch, the slightly uneven path to the rooms.) and I can still feel the sand in my… well, never mind. But the staff is lovely, the location is incredible, and the relaxation factor is OFF. THE. CHARTS.
My Offer for YOU (and the Hotel):
This is an authentic adventure. You discover the real Morocco. If you're looking for a hotel that is both super safe and relaxing, you really should check out Borj Safae Hotel, Laayoune.
I would recommend that you booked the hotel, don't miss the opportunity to explore this part of the world.
So do it! No more hesitation!
Escape to Paradise: Unforgettable Alpine Lodge Awaits in Mount Shasta!
Okay, buckle up buttercup, because this isn't your average travel itinerary. This is my thought-diary of a trip to Hotel Borj Safae in Laayoune, Morocco. It's gonna be messy, it's gonna be real, and it's highly likely I'll get lost in translation (both figuratively and literally).
Pre-Trip Anxiety (aka, The Hours Before Departure)
- Day 0: The Pre-Trip Panic. God. Morocco. Honestly, the thought of haggling for a carpet already has me breaking out in a cold sweat. I've spent the last three days watching YouTube videos on "How NOT to look like an idiot in the Souk" and, well, the jury’s still out. My suitcase is a disaster. Half-packed, half-unpacked, a complete reflection of my inner turmoil. Is it even possible to pack for a warm climate and a potentially dusty one? Who am I kidding, I’m bringing everything.
Hotel Borj Safae & Laayoune – The Unfolding Mess, Day by Day:
Day 1: Arrival and Instant Overwhelm.
- Morning: Landed. The airport. The air already smells different, a mix of exhaust fumes, spices, and…well, something I can’t quite place but definitely Moroccan. The drive to Hotel Borj Safae was a blur. Dust, more dust, and buildings that looked like they were melting into the Sahara. My internal monologue was a constant stream of "Wow," "This is different," and "Where's the nearest coffee shop?"
- Afternoon: Hotel check-in. Borj Safae itself…it’s grand in a slightly faded glory kind of way. The lobby is enormous, with a chandelier that’s probably seen a few weddings. The air conditioning is a blessing (thank God!), though the Wi-Fi is a temperamental beast. Settled in, unpacked… well, attempted to unpack. My room has a balcony. A balcony overlooking… mostly sand. Still, balcony = win.
- Evening: The food. Oh, the food! Trying "Tagine de Poulet" for the first time, a chicken tagine. The spices are almost overwhelming, in the best way possible. It's so rich, so flavorful. I feel like I could live on this stuff. And the mint tea? Forget about it. I've already had three pots. This could be the beginning of a beautiful, sugar-fueled love affair.
- Quirk: Watched the sunset from my balcony. It’s ridiculous, the way the sky just blazes orange. I took like, a hundred pictures. They all look the same. It's a good start to this trip!.
Day 2: Souk Shenanigans and a Near-Death Experience (on a Scooter!.
- Morning: Headed to the Souk. Wish me luck, because I am utterly incapable of haggling. I wandered. I gawked. I got completely and utterly lost. The colours, the smells, the sheer energy of the place…it's a sensory overload in the best possible way. Ended up buying way too many dates (they're incredible), a scarf I’ll probably never wear, and a tiny teapot. Regret? Maybe. Joy? Absolute.
- Afternoon: Adventure! Scootering through the sandy roads. No license. Too much speed. Too much wind. Lost control. A moment of terror. But I survived. I'm still laughing about it! The scooter is pretty much destroyed… well, I'm not sure if it's destroyed, or just really sandy now.
- Evening: Dinner at a local restaurant. I pointed at something on the menu. It turned out to be… well, I'm not entirely sure. But it was delicious. I'm also pretty sure I'm now friends with the entire waitstaff, who found my confused, yet enthusiastic, attempts at Arabic hilarious. I also fell in love with a waiter.
- Quirk: Witnessed a cat fight in the Souk. It was epic. These cats were serious.
Day 3: Sahara Dreams & Camel Reality.
- Morning: The Sahara Desert! The big, iconic reason everyone comes. I got up early, and I mean early. Picture this: the most beautiful light. Golden hues. Silence. Then, the camels. Okay, so, the camels are…well, they're camels. A bit smelly. Grumpy-looking. But the ride itself? Pure magic. Sand, sand, and more sand. The vastness of it all just makes you feel incredibly small, and surprisingly, peaceful.
- Afternoon: After Camel riding, there were some delicious meals, and some incredible pictures.
- Evening: Back at the hotel, exhausted but happy. Ate Tagine and read a book.
- Emotional Reaction: Seriously, the desert. Wow. Just…wow. I’m still processing it. It’s one of those experiences that will probably stick with me forever. I'm thinking of quitting my job and just living out there. Or at least, that' what I'm feeling right now. I’m probably tired and punchy.
Day 4: Hotel Hangs and Unexpected Encounters.
- Morning: Slept until like, noon. Jet lag is a hell of a drug. Hung around the hotel, which is actually quite nice.
- Afternoon: Went for a swim in the rather empty pool. It was peaceful.
- Evening: Dinner at the hotel restaurant. I'm still learning what everything is. But I'm getting pretty good at pointing and hoping for the best. Today, I decided I need to try everything.
- Unexpected Encounter: Ran into a group of local teenagers who wanted to practice their English. We ended up chatting for hours. Learned all about their dreams, hopes, and the trials and tribulations of Moroccan teenage life. They were so patient with my terrible Arabic. Turns out, humans are pretty awesome.
Day 5: The Departure – A Bittersweet Farewell.
- Morning: Last breakfast at the hotel. Saying goodbye to the mint tea (it’s like, really goodbye). Feeling a weird mix of relief and melancholy. Relief that I’m finally getting to sleep in my own bed.
- Afternoon: Last-minute souvenir shopping. Panicked. Overpaid. Regret. Repeat.
- Evening: Airport. The flight home. Looking out the window as the plane takes off. Laayoune, shrinking below.
Reflections:
- The Imperfections: This trip wasn’t picture-perfect. There were moments of frustration, confusion, and the occasional near-disaster. But those were the bits that made it real.
- The Unexpected: Like the conversations with the teenagers, or the near-death scooter experience, my favorite moments were those that I couldn't have planned.
- The Emotional Rollercoaster: I’m still processing everything I felt. The beauty, the chaos, the wonder. It’s all part of the experience.
Final Thoughts:
Hotel Borj Safae was a perfect base. It had a weird charm. Laayoune? It’s an experience! It's not flawless, but it's alive. And that, my friends, is the beauty of travel. It’s messy, it’s unpredictable, and it’s absolutely, wonderfully, human. I'll be back. Probably. Eventually. Maybe after I've had a serious conversation with my bank account because I may be broke.
Escape to Paradise: Diplomata Hotel Sertãozinho Awaits!
Escape to Paradise: Borj Safae Hotel - Laayoune, Morocco - Let's Get Real!
Okay, seriously... is this place *actually* paradise?
Look, "paradise" is a huge word, right? Like, are we talking perfectly sculpted beaches and a sea that's the exact color of a Tiffany box? Nooo. But... listen, the Borj Safae? It's *close*. I’m talking about the kind of paradise where the sun feels like a warm hug, the air smells of… well, a little bit of everything, honestly (that desert air has character!), and the whole place just oozes relaxation. I spent my first day just staring at the pool. Seriously. Staring. It was that… calming. I felt I needed that after the flight, or maybe the fact I got lost on the way to the hotel, I am not sure...
It is not a tropical island paradise, but It has a charm that comes from being in the Moroccan Sahara. It's more like a… well, imagine if a desert oasis and a REALLY good spa had a REALLY stylish baby. Yeah, that's Borj Safae. And the staff? Utterly lovely. They were so patient when I tried (and miserably failed) to order breakfast in Arabic.
What's the deal with the rooms? Are they actually nice? Like, Instagram-worthy nice?
Okay, the rooms. Let's talk rooms. Yes. They ARE nice. Very. Instagram-worthy? Absolutely. Think traditional Moroccan design meets modern comfort. Lots of beautiful tilework, comfortable beds (THANK YOU, BED!), and, crucially, air conditioning that actually WORKS. (I’ve stayed in places where the AC sounded like a dying walrus. Not here.) My room had a balcony overlooking the pool, and I spent a disgusting amount of time just… lounging there. Like, reading a book (which I highly recommend, I got my book from the tiny shop in the hotel) reading it so slowly I would have been better watching the pool. I even considered ordering room service just to stay there. A total win. Now I have to take a picture of the pool! It's just perfect.
However, and this is important, *some* rooms might be better than others. Don't hesitate to ask for a different one if you're not thrilled. I had to, because the first room I got had a slightly… unfortunate view of the parking lot. But they were super accommodating and gave me a much better one right away. So, be assertive!
The food. Is the food any good? Because I LIVE to eat.
Ooh, the food! Right, the food! Okay, let's be blunt: the food is *amazing*. Seriously. I'm not exaggerating when I say I ate tagine *every single day*. I am so sad to left, I was almost dreaming of a room with a personal chef who serves tagine 24/7. The flavors are incredible, the spices are perfect, and the presentation… well, it’s pretty darn gorgeous. Breakfast is a feast, too. Lots of fresh bread, pastries, fruit, and strong coffee. You’ll want to eat until your stomach begs you to stop. And you will do it anyway, trust me.
My biggest regret? Not trying *everything* on the menu. There was this lamb dish that I'd heard whispers about… and then I didn't try it! What was I thinking? Lesson learned: be adventurous. Eat EVERYTHING. Seriously, every single thing. Just remember to leave room for a pastry or two (or three...).
What's there to do *besides* eating and lounging by the pool?
Okay, so, you *could* spend the entire time eating and lounging by the pool. And honestly? I wouldn't judge you. But! There's more to do. You have to be honest, the pool is tempting. The Moroccan desert is a wonder. You can go on camel rides in the desert, which is an experience, to remember. Like, truly remember. I took about a million pictures, the sunset was amazing. You can visit the local markets. Be ready to haggle, it's par for the course, and it's actually quite fun once you get the hang of it, but it's also a little overwhelming at first. There are also some historical sites to explore. I wish I had given them a bit more time, now.
My personal highlight? The spa! It's amazing. I had a hammam treatment. It was… intense. In a good way! My skin felt incredible afterwards, but it was also a bit awkward at first. Being scrubbed down by a stranger is not something I’m used to. But hey, embrace the experience! And the massage? Heavenly. Seriously, book a massage. Do it now. Consider it mandatory. You'll thank me later.
How is the hotel's location? Is it easy to get around?
The hotel is in Laayoune, which is a bit of a challenge to come and go at first. But it's close to the airport, which is a bonus when you're lugging your suitcase around. It's also a good starting point for exploring the city and the surrounding area.
In terms of getting around the city itself - taxis are readily available and relatively inexpensive. I had a few mishaps with them, mostly related to my terrible French, so I suggest brushing up on some basic phrases. The hotel staff can also help you arrange transportation or recommend some tours. And don't forget to download the taxi app. It saved my life so many times...
Anything I should pack/prepare for?
Okay, packing tips. Firstly, pack light, but with the right things. Lightweight, breathable clothing is key, it gets seriously hot during the day. A hat, sunglasses and sunscreen? Absolutely essential.
Bring an adapter for your electronics. And a phrasebook or translation app, if your language skills are as terrible as mine. And, this is important, pack some comfortable shoes for walking around the city. And don't forget a good book to read by the pool.
What's the Wi-Fi situation like? Because I NEED my Instagram.
Okay, the Wi-Fi… it’s there. It's available in the rooms and common areas. But let's be realistic, it's not lightning-fast. Don’t expect to stream HD movies. You can do the basics: check emails, browse social media… post those envy-inducing pool pictures. That's your priority, right? Right! Consider it a forced digital detox. And honestly, a break from staring at your phone might actually be good for you. (I say, asWeb Hotel Search Site

