
Escape to Paradise: Alana Yogyakarta's Studio 1009 Awaits
Escape to Paradise: Alana Yogyakarta's Studio 1009 - Did I Really Just Find Heaven in Java?! (SEO-Packed Review, Brace Yourselves!)
Okay, so picture this: Me, fresh off a ridiculously long flight and practically vibrating with the need for a good, long… everything. Coffee, sleep, a massage that would melt my stresses into a puddle on the floor. That's the state I arrived in at Alana Yogyakarta, specifically Studio 1009 (the one we're REALLY focusing on, got it?). And let me tell you, folks, I think I might have stumbled into a little pocket of heaven. Or at least, a very well-oiled machine designed to make you forget you've spent the last few hours (or days!) strapped into a cramped metal tube.
Accessibility (The Good, and The Maybe-Could-Be-Better):
First things first: accessibility. Now, I don't personally need a wheelchair, thank goodness, but I always keep an eye out because, well, inclusivity matters. Alana Yogyakarta does seem to put in a decent effort. There are facilities for disabled guests, and an elevator (essential!). I didn’t see any specific comments about accessibility from other guest. This is something I'd want a deeper dive into if I needed those features. Perhaps a quick call to the hotel to verify details is recommended. One crucial point: car park [free of charge] is a lifesaver, because navigating traffic in Yogyakarta is… an experience.
Room & Amenities: Studio 1009 - Home Away From (A Very Chic) Home:
Alright, let’s talk about the actual star of the show: Studio 1009. Stepping in felt like a sigh of relief. Immediately, air conditioning (bliss!), free Wi-Fi (and it worked, people! A miracle!), and soundproof rooms (seriously, a godsend after the airplane roar).
The details are what impressed me:
- Free bottled water - a vital amenity
- Complimentary tea/coffee maker - essential for early morning or late night
- Bathroom phone - just…why? but there for you.
- Bathtub/Separate shower - dual pleasure!
- Blackout curtains - sleep like a baby
- Bathrobes, Slippers - I melted in these!
I'd heard horror stories about hotel beds, but this extra long bed was like sinking into a cloud. Seriously, I slept. Like, properly slept. The desk was perfect for catching up on emails, while I appreciated the Laptop workspace, the in-room safe box for my passport and the mirror that provided full length of my body. A mirror that didn't lie to me!
The Internet Experience: Wi-Fi & Beyond
Having reliable internet is non-negotiable these days, right? Free Wi-Fi in all rooms is a big plus, and it was surprisingly strong. I even managed a video call without buffering, which is a minor miracle in some places! There’s also Internet access [LAN] for those who need a wired connection, but I stuck with the wireless - easy peasy. Good job Alana, this is an important plus!
Cleanliness and Safety: Trust Me, They're Seriously On It
Okay, remember those post-pandemic anxieties? Yeah, they're real. But Alana Yogyakarta seems to understand the assignment. The place felt immaculately clean. They have:
- Anti-viral cleaning products - yes, please!
- Daily disinfection in common areas - peace of mind
- Rooms sanitized between stays - good
- Staff trained in safety protocol - crucial.
- Hand sanitizer - everywhere.
- Rooms sanitized between stays - another essential.
I can’t speak for the effectiveness of the sterilizing equipment, of course, but visually it's top-notch. Plus, the option for Room sanitization opt-out available is a nice touch for those who might be a little paranoid (or just prefer a less-sterile environment).
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Food Glorious Food! – With Some Quirks
This is where things get a little… interesting. The breakfast [buffet] was decent, featuring a mix of Asian breakfast and Western breakfast. There's your standard coffee/tea in restaurant, and the restaurants themselves offer a mix of Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, and even a Vegetarian restaurant.
Here's a personal anecdote: One time I asked for a salad which I was told it's available ( Salad in restaurant ), it turned out to be almost all lettuce, but at least it was fresh lettuce. It wasn't the best, but the staff's friendliness more than made up for it.
Things I did love:
- Poolside bar - perfect for sundowners!
- Room service [24-hour] - late-night snacks, anyone?
- Coffee shop - for that caffeine hit!
- Bottle of water - always.
- Snack bar - if you're feeling peckish.
I didn't visit the happy hour.
Ways to Relax: Spa, Pool, and Pure Bliss
The spa… oh, the spa! (Spa/sauna, massage, Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath – take your pick!). I splurged on a full body massage, and it was DIVINE. My masseuse was like a magician, working out knots I didn't even know I had. Seriously, it was worth the price of admission alone.
And the Swimming pool [outdoor]? Gorgeous. Pool with view? Absolutely! There’s also a Sauna and Steamroom, adding to the relaxation factor. I didn’t check out the Fitness center/gym.
Services and Conveniences: They’ve Thought of Everything (Almost)
Alana Yogyakarta offers a plethora of services:
- Concierge - very helpful.
- Daily housekeeping - my room was always spotless.
- Doorman - always a warm welcome.
- Laundry service/Dry cleaning/Ironing service - convenient.
- Luggage storage - useful.
- Currency exchange/Cash withdrawal - handy.
- Convenience store - for those essential snacks!
- Elevator - yes!
Important Considerations:
- Pets allowed unavailable - No pets, sorry!
- Kids facilities: - if you are traveling with the little one, this might be the place for you.
- I'd recommend asking about the Doctor/nurse on call and the First aid kit before booking, just for peace of mind.
For the Kids:
- Babysitting service
Getting Around: It's All About Ease
Airport transfer is a must. They also offer Car park [free of charge] (a huge plus!), car park [on-site], taxi service, and valet parking.
The Verdict: Book It! (But Be Prepared for a Minor Quirk or Two)
Overall, Alana Yogyakarta's Studio 1009 absolutely exceeded my expectations. It’s clean, comfortable, convenient and has everything you need to relax and recharge. The staff are friendly and helpful, the spa is heavenly, and the pool is stunning.
My one piece of advice: Book it! You deserve this escape to paradise.
But, let's talk about a deal:
Here's my offer for you: Book your stay at Alana Yogyakarta's Studio 1009 TODAY through [Your Affilate Link/Booking Platform] and receive:
- A complimentary welcome drink on arrival
- A guaranteed upgrade to a room with a view (subject to availability)
- A 10% discount on all spa treatments
Don't wait! Your Yogyakarta escape awaits. Click the link below and get ready to experience pure bliss! [Your Affilate Link/Booking Platform]
Key SEO Keywords:
- Alana Yogyakarta
- Studio 1009
- Yogyakarta Hotels
- Indonesia Hotels
- Hotel Review
- Spa Hotel Yogyakarta
- Yogyakarta Accommodation
- Free Wi-Fi Hotel
- Swimming Pool Hotel Yogyakarta
- Accessible Hotel Yogyakarta
- Safe Hotel
- Clean Hotel
- (And, of course, variations on these keywords!)

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into a Yogya adventure! Get ready for a schedule that's less "precision Swiss watch" and more "slightly tipsy toddler with a map." This is my Studio 1009 at The Yudhistira by Alana Yogyakarta, Indonesia, itinerary… or rather, my attempt at an itinerary. Prepare for chaos!
Day 1: Arrival & "Oh My God, Is That a Bat?"
- 14:00 (ish) - Arrival, Check-in, and Immediate Panic: Landed at Adisutjipto International Airport. Smooth enough, until I saw the suitcase-carousel rodeo. Seriously, the way everyone lunged for their bags… it was like a Black Friday sale for luggage. Found a driver, a charming guy named "Budi" who I’m pretty sure is my new best friend (and maybe owes me a discount because I tipped him so handsomely). The drive to The Yudhistira was a whirlwind of motorbikes and vibrant chaos. The hotel itself? Gorgeous. Studio 1009? Okay, I’m sold. The view is stunning and the bed is so fluffy I could cry. And I may have.
- 15:00 - Room Exploration & Deep Breath: Okay, deep breaths. Unpacked. The room is HUGE. Like, could-practically-play-a-small-concert-in-here HUGE. Bathroom is fabulous, with a massive shower and what I think is a Japanese toilet. (I am cautiously optimistic.)
- 16:00 - The Pool Debacle: Thought I'd hit the pool, right? Sun, relaxation, bliss… NOPE. There was a family, bless their hearts, screaming and splashing, and I realized my zen tank wasn't full enough for that. Decided to retreat back to the room before joining in. The quiet is so much better.
- 18:00 (ish) - "First Dinner Frenzy": Wandered out to find dinner. Found a warung (local restaurant) nearby. Ordered something I thought was chicken and got a plate piled high with… I have no idea! Some kind of fried deliciousness that looked vaguely chicken-adjacent, with a side of FIRE. Seriously. My mouth is still tingling. The local ladies seemed amused by my increasingly red face. Worth it.
- 20:00 - Bat-Gate: Back in the room and the window somehow opened. I am staring at my ceiling and then, something swoops, flapping… and definitely, I swear, I saw a bat. Or a REALLY big moth from Hell. Cue a full-blown panic attack. I swear they're plotting something. This ends my day.
Day 2: Temples, Tourists, and Terrible Coffee (and maybe a bit of magic).
- 07:00 - The Great Struggle: Woke up, mostly, and remembered the bat-thing. Forced myself out of bed. Coffee from the hotel? Disaster. Seriously, tasted like dishwater. Guess I'll stick to tea for the duration of my stay.
- 08:00 - Borobudur Bound (and Slightly Lost): Hired a driver and set off for Borobudur Temple. This is the big one, the bucket-list item. The drive was long and beautiful. But, uh, we may have gotten lost briefly. Budi, bless him, consulted his phone and eventually, we found our way. The temple itself? Jaw-dropping. So many steps! I did a full circuit. It was overwhelming. The sheer size of it, the intricate carvings… I felt dizzy with history. So many tourists.
- 11:00 - Coffee, Again (regret): Found a cafe near Borobudur. Coffee was, again, tragically awful. I gave up.
- 12:00 - A Moment (or the beginning of an obsession.): Wandered the temple, saw a tiny man who was clearly a local, maybe 80 years old. He was wearing a smile and had some trinkets. He pulled me aside and without a word… handed me a small, hand-carved Javanese figurine. The details… the feeling… It's an incredible experience, truly. I found myself staring at the eyes for much longer than I should have.
- 14:00 - Ramble on: Went back to the hotel, feeling utterly spent. Napped for, like, three hours.
- 17:00 - Dinner, Part Deux: Found another warung. This time, with a helpful local named "Joko" who acted as a translator. Finally had some proper chicken satay. Glory.
- 19:00 - Trying to write: I am journaling and am finding that I'm terrible at this.
Day 3: Artsy Adventures and a Little Bit of Regret
- 09:00 - "Art Attack": Decided to go see some art! Visited the Ullen Sentalu Museum. The museum was a treasure trove of Javanese art and culture.
- 12:00 - Batik Blues: Attempted a batik workshop. My batik… is… let's just say it’s "abstract." I may have gotten more dye on myself than on the fabric.
- 14:00 - The Panic of "What Did I Just Buy?": I went wandering into a market, lured in by the scent of incense and the promise of souvenirs. I bought… things. Probably too many things. The market vendors are ruthless. I think they know how to smell fear.
- 16:00 - The Room, The Quiet. The room is so quiet and the soft light. I realize I left a light on.
- 17:00 - Pre-Dinner Meditations: Going to sit and just stare at the sky. I hear a church bell.
- 19:00 - Dinner at the Hotel restaurant I am going to go there again.
Day 4: Farewell, Yogya (and the Bat!)
- 09:00 - Breakfast Binge: Last chance for the (admittedly delicious) buffet breakfast at Yudhistira. Ate ALL the fruit. And maybe a tiny pastry or three.
- 10:00 - Packing (and Tears): This is always a disaster. Deciding what to leave behind and what to smuggle in.
- 11:00 - Final Room Reflections: Looking out the view. I love it here.
- 12:00 - Check Out (and Bidding Farewell to Budi): Saying goodbye to Budi.
- 13:00 - Airport Bound: Heading back to the airport.
- 15:00 - Goodbye, Amazing Yogya: On the plane. Thinking back to the bat. Sigh.
- 16:00 - Home: The worst.
- 17:00 - Still on Home: The worst.
- 18:00 - Home: Absolutely the worst.
- 19:00 - Planning Next Trip!: Good Bye.
This is a snapshot, a chaotic mess of moments, good and bad. Yogya is a place that burrows into your soul, a place that’s both overwhelming and utterly captivating. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to figure out what the heck to do with all the souvenirs. And maybe invest in some serious bat-deterrent technology.
Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: MINIMAX Hotel Keqiao Yintai Shaoxing
Right, so... Studio 1009 at Alana Yogyakarta. Is it *actually* paradise? Like, should I sell my liver for a week there?
Alright, let's be clear. Paradise? That's a HUGE word. My expectations are *already* sky-high, so maybe they’re *too* high. I arrived expecting a waterfall of champagne and a personal choir to sing my praises every morning. (Okay, maybe I *did* read too many reviews...) But listen: no, it's not the Garden of Eden. BUT! After I got over it not being the Garden of Eden, it's pretty darn close. Okay, let's just say it's a *very* good starting point for a Yogyakarta adventure. It's the kind of place where you can actually relax after the chaos of the city has taken hold, ya know?
Okay, okay. But what does paradise *look* like in Studio 1009? Give me the lowdown. The *real* lowdown.
Right, so, the room itself... First thought: "Wow, okay this is… spacious." Seriously. I kept thinking, "Did they accidentally give me a suite?" Plenty of room to actually stretch out, which is a *huge* win when you've been crammed into a budget airline seat for 16 hours. The bed? Oh lord, the bed. It was like sleeping on a cloud. A gloriously, fluffy, king-sized cloud. I legitimately considered just camping out there, ordering room service, and never leaving. Okay, maybe I *did* just camp out there for a solid 24 hours. Hey, no judgement! Bathroom was pretty swish too, and the little balcony overlooking something green (I think it was a bunch of trees, to be honest, I wasn't really up to exploring the balcony) was a nice touch, although I'm not going to lie, I mostly used it to stash empty coffee cups. Let's just say my inner sloth was very, *very* happy.
The Breakfast. Gotta know about the breakfast. Is it the usual sad buffet affair?
Okay, the breakfast. This is where things get... interesting. Don't get me wrong, there's your standard buffet: eggs, some sort of sausage, some pastries that looked suspiciously like they'd been sitting out for a *while*. But then! Then you stumble upon the *good* stuff. The fresh fruit. The vibrant, juicy mangoes. The *incredible* Indonesian dishes. I may have, and I'm not ashamed to admit it, spent a solid hour just sampling everything. And I mean *everything*. The nasi goreng was a revelation. The coffee? Strong enough to raise the dead (and possibly make you forget you haven't gone to the gym in, like, a decade). The atmosphere, which is the key thing, well... imagine a whole lot of people in a room eating, and suddenly the atmosphere become perfect! Is it paradise? No. But did I feel like I was *living*? Absolutely.
So... any downsides? Come on, spill the tea!
Alright, the downsides. Let's get real. First, the internet can be a little… spotty. Okay, VERY spotty. Prepare to channel your inner zen master when trying to upload that killer Insta story. Second, the elevators. They're fine, but sometimes getting to your floor could take some time. And third… well, there's construction. Or at least, there *was* when I was there. It wasn't incessant, but you'd hear the occasional drilling or hammering, especially in the mornings. (Which, let's be honest, is probably when you'll be hungover and trying to sleep in anyway). Now, the construction didn't annoy me much. But if you're the type to get *seriously* bothered by noise, maybe bring some earplugs.
What about the staff? Are they overly friendly or did they seem fake?
Okay, the staff. This is the thing that really stood out to me. They were genuinely nice and helpful, but not in that overly-giddy, 'forced smile' way some hotels have. The front desk helped me with some printing for my onward flight the next day. They even gave me directions to some amazing local restaurants. There was this one guy, I think his name was Andi? Or maybe Anan? He was always smiling, always helpful. Always ready to top up my coffee at breakfast, even when I was clearly nursing a serious headache. Honestly, he was the MVP of my stay. And that is the kind of service you need: attentive without being intrusive.
Okay, final verdict: Would you do it again? And is that Studio 1009 really worth it?
Alright, final verdict. Yes. Absolutely, unequivocally, YES. Would I go back to Studio 1009? In a heartbeat. Ignoring the slight imperfections, the internet problems, and the construction noise (which I barely noticed at the end), it was a truly brilliant experience. It's a great base for exploring Yogyakarta. It's comfortable. It's convenient. And more importantly… it’s a place where you can actually just *breathe*. After all the noise, the chaos, the sheer exhaustion, that's what made it special, you know? Studio 1009, more than any other, is a place where you can relax and get away from it all. And yeah, call it paradise... or maybe "Pre-Paradise" or "Paradise-Adjacent." Either way, I'd recommend it in a heartbeat.
Alright, last, last thing! What's the *one thing* nobody tells you about Studio 1009?
The *one thing*? Okay, here's the secret: Pack earplugs. Because even the sounds of paradise can be slightly disruptive when you're battling jetlag and desperately trying to sleep in. Seriously. Just trust me on this one. And maybe bring some extra coffee. Just in case.

